When designing and installing roof solar plant, avoiding places shaded by chimneys and trees is considered to be a good practice, since shading of even one module causes decrease in the performance of the entire string.
Tigo optimizers are the solution. They allow to equip the existing strings with supplementary PV modules, which:
- are impervious to shading!
- do not cause string power drop!
- do not “drop” themselves with allowance for weaker neighbouring modules in the string!
We have created 2 sets for increasing the performance of stations already operating or those under construction through the use of shaded areas, based on Tigo optimizers:
Both the first and the second versions can be installed on most operating stations, regardless of the size and power of the modules already installed*
With the use of optimizers, both modules add their full nominal power to the station rating upon normal insolation (+405W and +320W to the installed station capacity, respectively), and are 36% more effective during shading.
You can purchase sets for increasing the station performance using shaded areas based on Tigo optimizers, at the Atmosfera dealer network throughout Ukraine
* Restrictions for operating stations:
- optimizers can be installed only on “1 tracker — 1 string” circuits. In case the tracker includes more than 1 string, optimizers shall be installed on each PV modules in tracker.
- in case the existing string features amperage of more than 20% lower than the amperage of the added module, the power of the new module decreases. For additional calculations and consultations, please contact our technical department